OnLineDFS Training |
P2P Marshal Training
| Mac Marshal Training
Cyber Security Technologies Software Training Program
Training is currently available in peer-to-peer forensics, Mac OS X forensics and live computer investigations.
Peer-to-Peer Computer Forensics Training
Duration: One-Day Course
Who should attend?
- Local, state and federal law enforcement
- Forensic investigators
- Private investigators
- Corporate IT security professionals
- Security auditors
- Data assurance staff
The one-day training course on peer-to-peer forensics and P2P Marshal includes:
- Overview of the architecture of peer-to-peer file sharing systems: networks and clients
- Legitimate and illegitimate uses of peer-to-peer systems
- Forensic details of peer-to-peer software commonly seen in criminal investigations
- Forensic analysis of client evidence
- Potential pitfalls of evidence analysis
- Hands-on exercises using manual analysis techniques
- Detailed instruction for using P2P Marshal in forensic investigations
- Hands-on exercises using P2P Marshal
Digital forensic investigators often find peer-to-peer file sharing software present on the images of hard drives they examine. Investigators must determine what P2P software is present, where the associated information is stored, retrieve the information from the appropriate directories, and then analyze the results. This training course presents techniques for P2P investigations using manual techniques and introduces the use of P2P Marshal, a new, automated tool for the detection and analysis of peer-to-peer usage.
Duration: Two-Day Course
This in-depth course covers an expanded roster of P2P networks, goes into greater depth on P2P network architecture, and includes additional training on both manual and automated investigative techniques.
Please contact us at email@example.com for course costs.
Note: The Board of the Holistic Information Security Practitioner Institute (HISPI) has approved the P2P Marshal Training Courses described above for CPE hours that qualify for maintaining Holistic Information Security Practitioner (HISP) certification. For more information, click here.
No training courses are scheduled at this time.
If you are interested in hosting a training program at your facility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org